Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Lordi@Eurovision Song Contest

Eurovision is one of those things we make fun of, but can't quite manage to escape. Inevitably year after year, Finland ends up somewhere at the bottom of the list of European countries. With nothing to lose, this year they are sending Lordi.


Perhaps unsurprisingly, the choice of Lordi has been greeted with dismay by religious groups both in Finland and abroad. A group of Greek protesters known as the Hellenes have called on the Finnish government to intervene: "We ask the Finnish Commission of the Eurovision Song Contest to cancel the procedure and choose another song. This evil and satanic Finnish band is not welcome in Greece." (This year's contest will take place on May 20 in Athens).
I think I am going to watch Eurovision this year. Maybe that's why they are sending Lordi.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha..

you beat me to it amitav! i was going to post about the fantastic Lordi...

and why don't you just admit it... you watch eurovision every year :)

4/26/2006 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger amitav said...

Yeah OK:) You got me, I do watch Eurovision practically every year, but it's not something that I would actually stay at home for. If I am at home, and it's on, I will put on in the background, that much I will confess to:)

I think Lordi would make a lovely contrast to those annoying 80s pop groups. (Someone has to ban people from ripping off a skirt to reveal aminiskirt underneath, it's getting quite boring)

4/27/2006 03:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home